Monday, June 21, 2010

See the USA in the Geocache Way

After I wrote the title to this post, all I could hear was the old Chevrolet jingle "See the USA in a Chevrolet" going through my head.  Uck!!

Not much new to report on the "Yellowstone or Bust" vacation plans. I did begin to look at potential caches we might try to find on this trip. We have done very very little caching in recent years.  What we have done has mostly been on the terracaching.com site instead of the geocaching.com site. Despite our tight schedule at the beginning of the trip, hopefully we will be able to add a few new finds to our totals on both sites.  Click here for a list of our current cache finds on geocaching.com  That list will update (as well as the stickers below) as we register new finds on the respective sites.

Profile for alchemist2000TerraCaching

More importantly, I hope we can add a few new states to our found list. Below is a map showing those states where we have found at least one geocache from geocaching.com.  I did not do a separate map for terracaches.  Of the 98 terracaches found so far, I believe all but one was in Texas.  The other one was in Illinois (a brief diversion while on a business trip in Chicago).



What can I say other than....aiming to make EVERY state a RED state!! New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas....hopefully you are all next!

As required to use this map program, here is the way to create your own visited states map

No comments:

Post a Comment