Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Animals on the Home Front

 We interrupt the Galapagos saga for a news flash from the home front

We had traveled thousands of miles to see animals, but sometimes the animals come to us.  This is a clip of some activity in the backyard at 1:19 this morning.

When I changed the bird bath water this morning it was incredibly muddy.  I had never seen anything in the bird bath like that before.

Bird bath filled with mud this morning.  I am not sure they are visible in this picture, but there were definitely paw prints around the edge.

Sure enough, I could see little paw prints around the edge.  I think Momma must have been teaching the little ones to wash their food. 

I don't know what they were eating.  Nothing seemed disturbed or dug up in the yard.  The ground under the feeders was completely clean of any spilled seeds and I think I could see them in the night trying to climb the feeder pole, into the baffle of course instead of onto the feeder.  I can't image the small amount of seed on the ground would have gone very far feeding this large family.

I went back on previous days to see if I could see them.  Sure enough, they had been around on Sunday morning  Here they come in.at 4:18 am.

 


 

Here they leave at 4:47 am.



I am already in love with the little problem child of the group!

Now back to the regularly scheduled travel blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment